Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day1
MMMMMMmmmmm this was the amazing dinner we had at Brazen Head Pub.
This was at the mansion we were at its some kind of construction thing they are doing, but it was wierd how people threw coins in it.

This was the outside of the mansion we were at, with beautiful blue skys.


David Kelly on his birthday in the mansion.



I just enjoy this photo!




This is the coat of armor I explained in my blog.






9:20pm and it’s finally time to unwind from 16 hours of traveling. To start off I’m beat, but in the most amazing way possible. We made it Dublin early this morning with no problems; at least I had no problems sleeping on the lady next to me on the plane ride. Other than that things have slowly become the trip I have been looking forward too.
We started the day off with a couple of hours of free time to roam around in Dublin. We got lunch, walked around a beautiful park, and watched street performers. (Mainly I was enchanted by the man dressed up as a leprechaun posing for pictures with tourists.)
After getting used to the city for a little we got the opportunity to visit Trinity College which has the Book of Kells in it. I hate to say that I was not that intrigued by the book itself (although I really tried to be!) But the greatest moment of the seeing the whole book of Kells was the upstairs library. It was amazing rows and rows filled to the top with old looking books that I just wanted to touch and take pictures of! As David Fabilli said “it was a Harry Potter Moment,” Which is exactly how I would categorize that moment.
After that we got a walking tour of what is called a castle but really it’s just a mansion that the government uses for things. It was really interesting and full of historical things. The thing I found most intriguing is that each president gets to make their own coat of arms. Mary Robinson the first woman president of the United States used this crazy looking cat for hers.
To end the day off we had an incredible dinner at Brazen Head the oldest Pub in Dublin. It was so unbelievable good! It started out with a Greek salad and brown bread, then we moved to beef stew, and to finish it all off bread pudding. Now if you know me at all you can imagine how I was acting threw out this meal. I was ecstatic over every bit I had!
It was a great day or I mean a mixture of two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment